Selokeen General Information
Toprol-XL (generic name: metoprolol; brand names include: Protomet / Lopressor / Lopresor / Lopresar / Selokeen / Minax / Metrol / Betaloc / Neobloc / Corvitol) is a selective beta receptor blocker used in treatment of several diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially hypertension.
Toprol-XL is indicated for:
1. Lowering high blood pressure, also called hypertension, and reducing the risk of complications due to high blood pressure such as stroke, heart attack or early death.
2. Preventing angina (heart or chest pain brought on by stress or exercise in patients with coronary heart disease).
3. Treating or preventing heart attacks, or reducing your risk of heart complications following a heart attack.
4. Treating heart failure (symptomatic mild to severe chronic heart failure in addition to other heart failure medicine), helping increase survival, reduce hospitalisation, improve symptoms, and Quality of Life.
5. Treating disturbances of heart rate in patients with heart disease, especially rapid heart beat.
6. Treating symptoms of rapid or irregular heart beat in patients without heart disease.
7. Prevention of migraine headaches.
8. Treating overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
Other uses for Toprol-XL include treatment of certain types of tremors (familial or hereditary essential tremors).
Toprol-XL works by affecting the body's response to some nerve impulses, especially in the heart. As a result, it decreases the heart's need for blood and oxygen and therefore reduces the amount of work the heart has to do. It also widens the blood vessels in the body and helps the heart beat more regularly.
Toprol-XL may be used either alone or in combination with other medicines.
Toprol-Xl is not addictive.
Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor. Take Toprol-XL exactly as directed.
Toprol-XL tablets should be swallowed with liquid. The tablets and the divided halves should not be chewed or crushed. Generally Toprol-XL is recommended to be taken together with meals or immediately after meals.
It may take a few weeks before you feel the full benefit of Toprol-XL. Continue to take Toprol-XL even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Toprol-XL tablets suddenly. Your doctor may want you to gradually reduce the amount of Toprol-XL you are taking before stopping completely.
If you plan to have surgery that needs a general anaesthetic, tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking Toprol-XL.
Keep the tablets at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
Before taking Toprol-XL, tell your doctor if:
you are allergic to any medicines;
you have diabetes;
you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, or you are breast-feeding.
Active ingredient: metoprolol succinate.
buy Selokeen. order Selokeen. buy cheap Selokeen. order Selokeen no prescription. purchase Selokeen. buy Selokeen online. buy Selokeen without prescription. Selokeen purchase. order Selokeen without prescription. purchase Selokeen online. purchase Selokeen no prescription. order Selokeen online. buy generic Selokeen without prescription. buy Selokeen no prescription. buy generic Selokeen. buy Selokeen without prescription.